BLU 470 has been continuously improved, including an extensive refit in 2014 under the supervision and design team of Patrick Knowles. The owner and Patrick collaborated to bring a modern feel whilst keeping the wonderful Dutch pedigree she has to offer. The interior speaks for itself with beautiful woods, fabrics, and attention to detail in all the design. This refit resulted in accolades, including being named a finalist in the 2016 World Superyacht Awards. A true must see, one will not be disappointed with the condition, comfort and feel that BLU 470 can provide.
BLU 470 has an open and airy feel throughout, with a beautiful main salon, featuring chic furniture with light soft furnishings. As with many areas of the yacht, the salon offers surround sound music and iPod docking stations. The formal dining room is located forward of the main salon and offers seating for 10 guests. Her custom-built wine fridge proves to be a highlight and a perfect accent to divide the main salon and dining while still offering an open feeling.
The sky lounge on the upper deck has a bar with 3 stools and a day head forward. This is the perfect area for relaxation and entertainment, featuring a games table, a large flatscreen TV with surround sound and the on demand Kaleidescape movie and music system, along with a book library, board games and an iPod docking station. The main aft deck has a bar and casual seating for 10 guests, whilst the upper aft deck offers a large and private deck space for al fresco dining as well as casual seating for 10. The sundeck boasts large comfortable sun pads and lounge chairs, a jacuzzi and glorious teak decking.
Length: 49.68m (162ft)
Beam: 8.69m (29ft)
Draft (max): 3.10m (11ft)
Interior Design: Donal Starkey & Patrick Knowles
Exterior Design: F. de Voogt
Built: 1990 / Refit: 2014
Cruising speed: 12 knots
Maximum speed: 15 knots
2 x Diesel Caterpillar 3512 900hp
Total Power: 1800hp / 1342kW
Flag: Cayman Islands
Hull Material: Steel
Hull Configuration: Full displacement Motor Yacht
Deck Material: Teak
Number of cabins: 5
Total sleeps: 10
Number of crew: 11
Crew cabins: 6
– 2008, 2 year rebuild at Feadship to complete a 3-meter hull extension, stretch of exterior decks and a new interior. As a result, she won best refit award at the World Superyacht Awards in 2009
– 2014, major interior refit and as a result she was a finalist of the 2016 World Superyacht Awards.
– June 2019, all new exterior and main & upper salon furnishings
– Custom built wine fridge with ability to store over 250 bottles of wine onboard
– Master suite with private office and his & her en-suite bathrooms
– Sundeck with jacuzzi
– Strong charter record
– MCA commercial status
– Lloyd’s Register + 100 A1 Yacht Classification